Follow the one pixel

What is it, that you are looking at?


Saturday 10 May 2008

Dissertation

I can't believe that I actually finished it. Phew. Until last days of the project I really wasn't sure what to write, I did do a fair bit of research, and read a few books which sort of guided me along. However until the last few hours I didn't know what the final conclusion will be. It came to me a bit like 'EUREKA' moment.
All in all this project, because of the amount of research required and the fact that it was spread over a period of the whole course, was quite hard to accomplish, only time will tell if I was successful at the given task or not as case might be. Writing is not my forte, however once I got stuck in, it begun to flow.
Interaction for sake of communication within complex, digital media systems.
Communication using new media and its interface, does it progress or regress human one-to-one communication ability and skill?
Since new media devices use binary code which is a basic language system maybe just maybe in the future, people might end up talking in binary system, this is purely hypothetical and an extreme way of looking at the future of one-to-one communication. Is this progress or regress, it is hard to judge, hypothetically speaking this might be a way forward to fantastic notion of telepathy, just a next step in conditioning human language, where foreign languages do not exist, miscommunication is impossible and the interface is not required. Currently there are already some studies and research being made to support this theory.
Below is a list of some of the websites that discus this theory in more detail:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_psychotronicweapons08.htm
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/technology/s/218/218311_computer_game_tests_for_telepathy.html
http://artificialtelepathy.blogspot.com/2007/01/artificial-telepathy-non-lethal-h-bomb.html

No comments: